By NewsGram Staff Writer
External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj chaired the fourth meeting of the Board of Trustees of India Development Foundation of Overseas Indians (IDF-OI) in Jawaharlal Nehru Bhawan New Delhi today.
The meeting of the Board of Trustees decided the action plan for FY 2015-16, which focuses on various projects like Namami Gange, Swachh Bharat and Swachh Vidyalaya, state governments projects and NGO projects and projects selected by the NRI/PIO donors.
Modalities like the implementation of projects and quality control, monitoring and reporting to donors were also deliberated and given go-ahead by the board of trustees. The Board also deliberated on the Outreach plan for FY 2015-16.
For the Outreach Plan for FY 2015-16, IDF-OI proposes to hold outreach meeting wherein overseas Indians will be informed about the activities of the organization.
These meetings will have to be done in association with our Missions/ Posts, as also in the various Indian associations active abroad. Focus can be given to areas where there is a large concentration of overseas Indians with philanthropic propensities. For this purpose, IDF-OI has identified 7 global zones of diaspora concentration. It proposes to conduct 2-3 meetings in different cities in each of these zones in this financial year.
- North America- a) USA b) Canada
- South East Asia- a) Malaysia b) Singapore c) Mauritius d) Reunion Island e) Indonesia
- Australasia- a) Australia b) New Zealand c) Fiji
- Africa- a) South Africa b) Kenya c) Uganda
- Gulf- a) UAE b) Saudi Arabia c) Bahrain d) Oman e) Qatar f) Kuwait
- UK & Europe- a) UK b) France c) Germany d) Italy e) Netherlands
- South America & Caribbean- a) Guyana b) Suriname c) Trinidad & Tobago
Besides the above, IDF-OI will participate in state diaspora events for outreach to Indian Diaspora. It will also reach out to the diaspora through the annual Pravasi Bharatiya Divas and the Ministry’s outreach events throughout the year.