Monday September 24, 2018
Home World Japan’s 100-y...

Japan’s 100-year-old Prince Mikasa passes away owing to Cardiac Arrest

Prince Mikasa was the first member of the royal family to get a driver’s license and was an outspoken advocate of birth control

1
//
116
Prince Mikasa. Wikimedia
Republish
Reprint

Tokyo, October 28, 2016: Prince Mikasa, the 100-year-old uncle of Japanese Emperor Akihito, has died of heart failure, a media reported.

The youngest brother of the late Emperor Showa, Prince Mikasa was the oldest Imperial family member since the Meiji era. He breathed his last at 8.34 a.m. on Thursday at St. Luke’s International Hospital in Tokyo, Japan News reported.

NewsGram brings to you current foreign news from all over the world.

According to Hirokazu Nagawa, the medical supervisor of the Imperial Household, said the Prince’s physical condition had been stable in recent days, but on Thursday his heart rate started to slow and fell into a state of cardiac arrest.

Prince Mikasa, fifth in line to the Chrysanthemum Throne, was also known as Takahito. He was born in the Tokyo royal palace on December 2, 1915. He was the youngest son of Emperor Taisho and Empress Teimei.

On December 2 last year, Prince Mikasa turned 100 years old.

NewsGram brings to you top news around the world today.He was the first member of the royal family to get a driver’s license and was an outspoken advocate of birth control,

He was the first member of the royal family to get a driver’s license and was an outspoken advocate of birth control, though he conceded after his fourth child was born, “It is not easy to practice what you preach,” NYT reported.

Prince Mikasa’s service in a calvary regiment took him to China, including the Japanese army’s headquarters in Nanking in 1943 and 1944, as a staff officer. He said he became increasingly shocked by the brutality of Japanese troops during World War II. At one point, he wrote in his best-selling memoir, he saw a film of Chinese prisoners “made to march on the plains of Manchuria for poison gas experiments on humans,” the Washington Post reported.

Check out NewsGram for latest international news updates.

Prime Minister Shinzo Abe expressed his “heartfelt condolences” over the passing of Prince Mikasa on Thursday.

“As a member of the Imperial family, [the prince] played important roles in a wide variety of fields, including international friendship, sports, recreation, the arts, culture, medical affairs and welfare,” the Prime Minister said.

With his passing, the Imperial family now has four male members in the line of succession. (IANS)

Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 NewsGram

  • Ruchika Kumari

    May his soul rest in peace

Next Story

Aadhaar Helpline Mystery: French Security Expert Tweets of doing a Full Disclosure Tomorrow about Code of the Google SetUP Wizard App

0
Google
Google asks employees to delete China search engine memo: Report. Wikimedia Commons

Google’s admission that it had in 2014 inadvertently coded the 112 distress number and the UIDAI helpline number into its setup wizard for Android devices triggered another controversy on Saturday as India’s telecom regulator had only recommended the use of 112 as an emergency number in April 2015.

After a large section of smartphone users in India saw a toll-free helpline number of UIDAI saved in their phone-books by default, Google issued a statement, saying its “internal review revealed that in 2014, the then UIDAI helpline number and the 112 distress helpline number were inadvertently coded into the SetUp wizard of the Android release given to OEMs for use in India and has remained there since”.

Aadhaar Helpline Number Mystery: French security expert tweets of doing a full disclosure tomorrow about Code of the Google SetUP Wizard App, Image: Wikimedia Commons.

However, the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) recommended only in April 2015 that the number 112 be adopted as the single emergency number for the country.

According to Google, “since the numbers get listed on a user’s contact list, these get  transferred accordingly to the contacts on any new device”.

Google was yet to comment on the new development.

Meanwhile, French security expert that goes by the name of Elliot Alderson and has been at the core of the entire Aadhaar controversy, tweeted on Saturday: “I just found something interesting. I will probably do full disclosure tomorrow”.

“I’m digging into the code of the @Google SetupWizard app and I found that”.

“As far as I can see this object is not used in the current code, so there is no implications. This is just a poor coding practice in term of security,” he further tweeted.

On Friday, both the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) as well as the telecom operators washed their hand of the issue.

While the telecom industry denied any role in the strange incident, the UIDAI said that he strange incident, the UIDAI said that some vested interests were trying to create “unwarranted confusion” in the public and clarified that it had not asked any manufacturer or telecom service provider to provide any such facility.

Twitter was abuzz with the new development after a huge uproar due to Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) Chairman R.S. Sharma’s open Aadhaar challenge to critics and hackers.

Ethical hackers exposed at least 14 personal details of the TRAI Chairman, including mobile numbers, home address, date of birth, PAN number and voter ID among others. (IANS)

Also Read: Why India Is Still Nowhere Near Securing Its Citizens’ Data?