Sunday December 16, 2018
Home India Modi announce...

Modi announces Rs.1.25 lakh crore package for Bihar

0
//
Republish
Reprint

Ara, Bihar: Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced a Rs.1.25 lakh crore Bihar package to “change the face of Bihar” on Tuesday.

Narendra Modi_4CModi inaugurated a national highway project in Ara town of Bhojpur district and said: “I am announcing a package of Rs.1.25 lakh crore. This package will change the face of Bihar.”

He said Rs.40,000 crore left from an earlier aid to the state will also be given, taking the total amount of central assistance to Rs.1.65 lakh crore and promised to “implement the package fully”.

“If we want to solve people’s problems then the only way ahead is development,” Modi said.

Nitish_Kumar_(cropped)

He questioned Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar’s anger when he had called Bihar “bimaru” (sick). “They say Bihar is not ‘bimaru’, and then they make demands…,” Modi said.

Modi also said: “I will change the destiny of the country.”

He said the central government was formulating special schemes to empower women and OBCs in the state of Bihar.

He spoke a few lines in Bhojpuri language and greeted the people.

Modi was earlier received at the Patna airport by Governor Ram Nath Kovind and Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.

Modi laid the foundation stone of a four-lane road connecting Patna and Buxar in Ara, the district headquarters of Bhojpur, about 60 km from Patna.

All private schools in Ara were closed on Monday and Tuesday due to restrictions on plying of school buses on several route through the town and for security reasons.

The four-lane highway and other projects were approved by the previous Congress led UPA government.

Modi will later in the day address the Bharatiya Janata Party third parivartan rally in Saharsa district in flood-prone Kosi region.

He has already addressed two election rallies in Muzaffarpur and Gaya ahead of the forthcoming assembly polls.

(IANS)

Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2015 NewsGram

Next Story

Prime Minister Narendra Modi Extends Condolences to France Terror Attack Victims

Earlier in the day, Le Drian held delegation-level talks with External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj

0
Mahathir, who governed Malaysia for more than two decades, became, at the age of 92,
Modi extends condolences to France terror attack victims. Wikimedia

Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday extended his condolences to the victims of a terror attack in France earlier this week when French Minister for Europe and Foreign Affairs Jean-Yves Le Drian called on him here.

“The Prime Minister conveyed his heartfelt condolences for the victims of the recent terrorist attack in Strasbourg in France, and said that India stands with France in the fight against terrorism,” the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) said in a statement.

At least three people were killed and 13 others injured when a man opened fire at a Christmas market in the French city of Strasbourg on Tuesday.

India
Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

According to the PMO statement, Narendra Modi also warmly recalled the state visit of French President Emmanuel Macron to India in March, as well as their recent interaction on the sidelines of the G20 Summit in Argentina.

“Le Drian briefed the Prime Minister on recent developments in the bilateral relationship, and French perspective on regional and global issues,” it stated.

Also Read- Microsoft Surface Go Now Available on Flipkart

“The Prime Minister welcomed the strengthening of bilateral ties in all spheres, including defence, space, counter-terrorism, maritime security, and civil nuclear cooperation.”

Earlier in the day, Le Drian held delegation-level talks with External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj. (IANS)