Saturday August 18, 2018
Home World No Indian Wri...

No Indian Writer this time in International Urdu Conference hosted by the Arts Council of Pakistan

Ahmed Shah,a council member, said, he would try and have some of the writers get connected to the conference, via video or audio link

0
//
116
7th International Urdu Conference. Twitter
Republish
Reprint

Islamabad, November 30, 2016: Writers and poets from India are set to miss the ninth edition of the International Urdu Conference hosted by the Arts Council of Pakistan in Karachi, owing to the prevailing tension on the India-Pakistan border.

NewsGram brings to you current foreign news from all over the world.

Every year Indian writers and poets attend the moot lending it variety but this time round, due to tensions on the Pakistan-India border, they will not be seen reading their papers or taking part in different sessions as panelists, Ahmed Shah, a council member, was quoted by Dawn as saying.

Talking about the non-availability of Indian writers and poets, Shah said he did not believe in dividing literature on the basis of religion.

NewsGram brings to you top news around the world today.

He said Indian writers (Gulzar, Gopichand Narang etc) had contributed substantially to Urdu literature but, these days, Indian writers were afraid of visiting Pakistan fearing they’d be treated badly on their return to India.

However, he said, he would try and have some of the writers get connected to the conference, scheduled to be held from December 1 to 4, via video or audio link.

Check out NewsGram for latest international news updates.

Shah said Urdu scholars from countries such as the US, Germany, Denmark, Britain, Finland and Egypt would participate in the conference. From within Pakistan, he said, almost all renowned writers and poets had been invited. (IANS)

Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 NewsGram

Next Story

Aadhaar Helpline Mystery: French Security Expert Tweets of doing a Full Disclosure Tomorrow about Code of the Google SetUP Wizard App

0
Google Along with Other SSocial Media Giants will Face The Lawmakers, Wikimedia Commons
Google Along with Other SSocial Media Giants will Face The Lawmakers, Wikimedia Commons

Google’s admission that it had in 2014 inadvertently coded the 112 distress number and the UIDAI helpline number into its setup wizard for Android devices triggered another controversy on Saturday as India’s telecom regulator had only recommended the use of 112 as an emergency number in April 2015.

After a large section of smartphone users in India saw a toll-free helpline number of UIDAI saved in their phone-books by default, Google issued a statement, saying its “internal review revealed that in 2014, the then UIDAI helpline number and the 112 distress helpline number were inadvertently coded into the SetUp wizard of the Android release given to OEMs for use in India and has remained there since”.

Aadhaar Helpline Number Mystery: French security expert tweets of doing a full disclosure tomorrow about Code of the Google SetUP Wizard App, Image: Wikimedia Commons.

However, the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) recommended only in April 2015 that the number 112 be adopted as the single emergency number for the country.

According to Google, “since the numbers get listed on a user’s contact list, these get  transferred accordingly to the contacts on any new device”.

Google was yet to comment on the new development.

Meanwhile, French security expert that goes by the name of Elliot Alderson and has been at the core of the entire Aadhaar controversy, tweeted on Saturday: “I just found something interesting. I will probably do full disclosure tomorrow”.

“I’m digging into the code of the @Google SetupWizard app and I found that”.

“As far as I can see this object is not used in the current code, so there is no implications. This is just a poor coding practice in term of security,” he further tweeted.

On Friday, both the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) as well as the telecom operators washed their hand of the issue.

While the telecom industry denied any role in the strange incident, the UIDAI said that he strange incident, the UIDAI said that some vested interests were trying to create “unwarranted confusion” in the public and clarified that it had not asked any manufacturer or telecom service provider to provide any such facility.

Twitter was abuzz with the new development after a huge uproar due to Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) Chairman R.S. Sharma’s open Aadhaar challenge to critics and hackers.

Ethical hackers exposed at least 14 personal details of the TRAI Chairman, including mobile numbers, home address, date of birth, PAN number and voter ID among others. (IANS)

Also Read: Why India Is Still Nowhere Near Securing Its Citizens’ Data?