Wednesday January 24, 2018
Home Politics Pakistan Army...

Pakistan Army violates ceasefire agreement at Line of Control in Akhnoor sector

Till last reports came in, firing exchanges were continuing in the area. No damage has so far been reported from the Indian side

0
//
217
Representational Image of Pakistani Army. Image Source: Wikimedia Commons.
Republish
Reprint

Jammu, September 2, 2016: Pakistan Army resorted to unprovoked firing at Indian positions on the Line of Control (LoC) on Friday in Akhnoor sector of the Jammu district.

Different sources told IANS in Jammu, “Pakistan Army violated the ceasefire today (Friday), using small weapons and automatics to target our positions in Akhnoor sector of the LoC, adding, “Our troops are effectively retaliating the Pakistan firing using the same calibre weapons.”
Follow NewsGram on Twitter
Representational Image of Pakistani Army. Image Source: Wikimedia Commons.
Representational Image of Pakistani Army. Image Source: Wikimedia Commons.

Follow NewsGram on Facebook

Till last reports came in, firing exchanges were continuing in the area. No damage has so far been reported from the Indian side. (IANS)
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 NewsGram

Next Story

Government ends Haj subsidy as part of a new policy

Announcing the decision, Minority Affairs Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said it was in line with the government's agenda to empower minorities without appeasing them.

0
//
14
A total of 1.75 lakh Indian Muslims can go for Haj this year. Wikimedia Commons
A total of 1.75 lakh Indian Muslims can go for Haj this year. Wikimedia Commons
  • The government had drafted the policy after the Supreme Court asked it in 2012 to withdraw it gradually by 2022
  • The government would utilise the funds saved from withdrawing the subsidy for the education of minorities, particularly girls
  • This year, the highest number of Indian pilgrims are likely to go for the pilgrimage

The central government on Tuesday said it has decided to withdraw subsidy given to hundreds and thousands of Muslims for the annual Haj pilgrimage.

Announcing the decision, Minority Affairs Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said it was in line with the government’s agenda to empower minorities without appeasing them.

“This is part of our policy to empower minorities with dignity and without appeasement,” Naqvi told reporters here.

He said the government would utilise the funds saved from withdrawing the subsidy for the education of minorities, particularly girls.

Also Read: Muslim women can now travel to Haj without Mahram

The government had drafted the policy to abolish the Haj subsidy in a phased manner after the Supreme Court asked it in 2012 to withdraw it gradually by 2022.

This year, the highest number of Indian pilgrims are likely to go for the pilgrimage after Saudi Arabia increased India’s quota by 5,000.

A total of 1.75 lakh Indian Muslims can go for Haj this year. IANS

Next Story