Friday April 26, 2019
Home India Some rape cas...

Some rape cases are blown out of proportion: Mulayam Singh

0
//

By NewsGram staff writer

mulayam

Speaking at an event recently, SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav said that “some rape cases are blown out of proportion.”

Citing the example of Badaun rape case, where the victim has named four of her brothers and has accused them for raping her, Yadav said “it’s impractical” and the victim named the four brothers for “settling scores.”

“Innocents must not be implicated and harassed. There are cases, where a victim has accused four brothers of raping her. It is not practical,” he was quoted as saying.

“The CBI probed the case and found out that rape was not committed at all. They were cold-blooded murders by the victim’s cousins for property,” Mulayam said.

Yadav further pointed towards an ongoing campaign to malign SP’s image. “.. even senior leaders like Congress president Sonia Gandhi’s son Rahul rushed to Badaun and attacked the state government at the law and order front,” he said. In the same breath, he also criticized his own party’s MLAs for not being able to tackle the alleged defamatory attempts, “Our own MLAs said they were helpless as the media was running a campaign. I will see to it how such MLAs get a ticket this time.”

At the same event, Mulayam Singh Yadav also insisted that UP had the lowest percentage of rapes. “Here the rate of rape cases is only 2% while in Madhya Pradesh it is 9 and in Rajasthan it is 7. In Delhi the situation is worse,” he said.

Next Story

TikTok Still Unavailable on Google, Apple App Stores: Report

TikTok refused to share anything more than what it had said on Wednesday

0
TikTok
The logo of the TikTok application is seen on a screen in this picture illustration taken Feb. 21, 2019. VOA

TikTok remained unavailable for download on both Google Play Store and Apple’s App Store on Thursday – a day after the Madras High Court’s Madurai Bench lifted the ban on the short video-sharing app.

Sources in the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology said that official communication to the technology companies would be made after it receives the court directive.

The IT ministry had earlier asked Google and Apple to block the app following the Supreme Court’s refusal to stay the Madras HC’s call for ban on the app on April 3.

Deciding the case filed by advocate Muthukumar, the Madurai Bench on Wednesday vacated its interim order banning the app, subject to conditions that pornographic videos will not be uploaded on it, failing which contempt of court proceedings would begin.

Owned by Chinese company ByteDance, TikTok claims to have over 120 million monthly active users in India.

tiktok
TikTok has over 54 million monthly active users (MAUs) in India. Pixabay

A search for the app on Google Play Store and Apple’s App Store on Thursday did not yield any result.

While Google and Apple refused to share any official statement, the companies would be able to reinstate the app only when they receive an official directive revoking the ban.

Also Read- Facebook Actively Working on Launching WhatsApp Pay Soon

TikTok refused to share anything more than what it had said on Wednesday.

“We are glad about this decision and we believe it is also greatly welcomed by our thriving community in India, who use TikTok as a platform to showcase their creativity,” TikTok had said. (IANS)