Monday September 24, 2018
Home World Suicide bombe...

Suicide bomber attacks a mini-bus in Kabul

"The attack took place in Pul-e-Charkhi road. There is fear of possible casualties"

1
//
134
Taliban insurgents turn themselves in to Afghan National Security Forces Image : Wikimedia Commons
Republish
Reprint

Kabul, June 20  A suicide bomber struck a bus carrying security personnel in Afghanistan’s capital Kabul on Monday, officials said.

“The attack took place in Pul-e-Charkhi road. There is fear of possible casualties,” an official told Xinhua news agency.

“So far, we have no more details, but we will try to get more information,” the official added.

Witnesses said they heard heavy explosion when the attacker targeted the bus carrying foreign security guards presumably from Nepal. (IANS)

The Taliban has claimed responsibility for the suicide attack in Kabul on June 20, killing at least 14 people on a mini-bus and wounding several others.

Police say the bomber approached the bus on foot and set off explosives.

Afghanistan’s Interior Ministry says the victims were Nepalese security guards (Source: VOA)

Police and fire fighters are seen at the site of a blast in Kabul June 20, 2016. REUTERS/Mirwais Harooni
Police and fire fighters are seen at the site of a blast in Kabul June 20, 2016. REUTERS/Mirwais Harooni

A recently published article of NewsGram titiled ‘Innocent Civilians suffer the most in Lethal Combat against the Taliban‘ highlights the lethal attacks increasingly performed by Taliban against the Afghan Government, ruthlessly destroying the settlements of civilians along the way. It says, “Ever since September 2015, Taliban had been performing increasingly lethal attacks against the Afghan Government, ruthlessly destroying the settlements of civilians along the way. Families have been carelessly torn apart with no one to sympathize with their pain and sorrow. The battle of Kunduz, which commenced in April 2015 in an effort by the Taliban forces to take control of the city, assumed a more savage form with the onset of the Mansour leadership.”

A UN report from February illustrates the fact that more than 3,500 civilians were killed in 2015, and an appalling one in four deaths were that of a child’s, a big rise as compared to last year’s records, making this the highest number of deaths noted.

IANS reported last Year on August 8, At least 35 people were killed and hundreds more injured in separate bomb attacks in Afghanistan’s capital city of Kabul. It flattened buildings, damaged cars and left a 10m crater in the road. At least 240 people – mostly civilians – were injured.

ALSO READ:

Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 NewsGram

  • Vrushali Mahajan

    Attacks can be reduced if we try and control the production or supply of explosive materials which can be easily available to these militants. Also there should be checkpoints everywhere so that there is strict security checking.

Next Story

The Son Of The Islamic State leader al-Baghdadi Dies: IS

Al-Baghdadi's fate is still unknown

0
This image from video posted in July purports to show Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi delivering a sermon in Iraq, July 5, 2014. Islamic State media has announced the death of the leader's son.
This image from video posted in July purports to show Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi delivering a sermon in Iraq, July 5, 2014. Islamic State media has announced the death of the leader's son. VOA

The son of the Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi has died in a suicide attack mission in the city of Homs in western Syria, according to the IS media al-Nashir News.

Posting the photograph of a young boy, purportedly Hudhayfah al-Badri, al-Baghdadi’s son, the outlet said he lost his life in an operation against the Russian forces deployed in Homs and the Syrian government forces, referred to as Nusayriyyah by IS.

“Hudhayfah al-Badri (may Allah accept him), the son of the Caliph (may Allah safeguard him), was killed in an inghimasi [suicide] operation against the Nusayriyyah and the Russians at the thermal power station in Homs Willayah,” the news outlet reported.

Inghimasi refers to suicide operations in which a fighter, clad with explosive belt and armed with regular weapons, attacks an enemy position before detonating himself to inflict as much damage on the enemy as possible.

The U.S. military said it has seen the reports of al-Badri’s death but declined any confirmation.

“It would be inappropriate for us to comment on an attack on forces outside the Coalition. We have nothing more to provide,” U.S. Central Command told VOA.

An Iraqi national, al-Baghdadi, whose real name is Ibrahim Awad al-Badri, announced the Islamic State caliphate in the city of Mosul in June 2014 and made himself its caliph. The leader has since become the world’s most wanted man, with a $25 million bounty on his head.

Islamic Terrorism in NYC
Bicycles and debris lay on a bike path after a motorist drove onto the path near the World Trade Center memorial, striking and killing several people, Oct. 31, 2017, in New York. VOA

Al-Baghdadi’s fate is still unknown, with various reports claiming his death and injury several times, including a claim by the Russian Defense Ministry that he might have been hit by a Russian airstrike in 2017.

Those claims have been rejected by U.S. officials and the whereabouts of the elusive leader remain unknown.

Al-Baghdadi’s infamous role in IS has put a spotlight on his family. In March 2014, al-Baghdadi’s wife, Sujidah al-Dulaimi, was released, along with her two sons and daughter, in exchange for 13 nuns taken captive by al-Qaida-linked al-Nusra Front militants.

Also read: Will the Latest Message From Islamic State Leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi Provoke New Attacks in the West?

It was reported that only the girl was al-Baghdadi’s daughter. The two boys belonged to a man his wife had married before meeting al-Baghdadi. (IANS)