Damascus, Feb 25, 2017: The Syrian Foreign Ministry on Saturday urged the UN Security Council to condemn the deadly suicide bombings that rocked the country’s central province of Homs and killed 42 people.
The foreign ministry condemned as “barbaric” the bombings that rocked two intelligence headquarters in Homs, urging the UN to condemn it as well and to double the efforts to eradicate terrorism, state news agency SANA reported.
NewsGram brings to you current foreign news from all over the world.
It stressed that such terrorist acts would not dissuade the Syrian army from carrying on with its campaign against the terror groups in Syria, which, it said, poses a threat not only to Syria, but undermines the security and peace in the region and the world as well.
NewsGram brings to you top news around the world today.
Earlier in the day, six suicide bombers detonated themselves in two security headquarters in Homs, killing at least 42 people, mostly security personnel.
Check out NewsGram for latest international news updates.
Meanwhile, the state TV said that the al-Qaida-linked Nusra Front claimed responsibility of the series of the deadly bombings that rocked Homs. (IANS)