Get subscribed to our newsletter
Get interesting updates to your email inbox.
The bath can play several roles in your bathroom. These include bathing your kids and for you to relax after a trying day. Also, because a bath is the key item in your bathroom, it needs to look splendid. Therefore, it's important for you to choose a bath that matches your style and overall decor. If you decide to renovate your bathroom, you need to consider whether or not the current bathtub is comfortable for you. This page discusses how you can buy the right bathroom suite.
Buying a bathroom suite
Purchasing a bathroom suite at Victoria Plum can sometimes feel a bit overwhelming, especially when there are several to choose from. A good starting point should always be on the style of the bathroom. Besides, the available space can also determine the choice of your bathroom suite. It means you have to consider the size of the bathroom for a large family or small family.
Follow NewsGram on Facebook to stay updated.
You can decide to purchase a complete bathroom suite bundle so that you can save cash. It also helps you to avoid buying individual items or you can choose to mix and match items to get an individual look. But to make sure that there is a coordinated bathroom, you need to consider buying the basin and toilet from the same collection. You can also choose a toilet and basin suite if you desire to purchase the pair together.
In most cases, a complete bathroom suite usually comes with the bath, toilet, and taps. Some suppliers can include a shower rather than a bath. Others even feature a vanity unit instead of a sink. As you can see, there are various options out there to suit your bathroom design.
You can also choose a toilet and basin suite if you desire to purchase the pair together.Unsplash
Also, the design can vary, meaning there are bathroom suites that come with freestanding baths, corner baths, shower baths, and straight baths. Therefore, you may want to keep things simple or decide to make a statement. It's always a good idea to design your bathroom so that it's functional and stylish.
ALSO READ: Choosing A Frameless Shower Screen
If you opt for a suite that has a straight bath and decide to put a shower over it, you should put a bath screen that can protect the floor from water splashes. Bath screens come in many sizes and styles like curved, folding, and straight.
Measuring a bathroom suite
To make sure that you are getting the most out of the available bathroom space and to assist you find the right bathroom suite, you must accurately measure the bathroom and decide where you want to place the toilet, basin, shower enclosure, or bath. Hence, measure your bathroom and take note of the existing boiler, waste pipes, and electrical wiring.
Remember that relocating these items can significantly increase the cost of your new bathroom. You can also create a scale drawing of your bathroom and take note of the location of the doors, windows, and fittings. You can refer to this drawing when purchasing a new bathroom suite.
Disclaimer: (This article is sponsored and it include some commercial links)
The coronavirus has impacted the world in some unimaginable ways and we’re still trying to recover from its effects. Life is starting to return to some sort of normalcy and safety restrictions are being lifted. As the nation tries to navigate life after COVID, an unexpected way the pandemic has left its market is in home design.
Top real estate agents have reported that homeowners are taking on more home renovation projects than ever before. These projects are the result of prolonged quarantine and being unable to go out and do the things they’d normally do, such as going to the spa, enjoying a day at the beach, or having get-togethers.
Follow NewsGram on Instagram to keep yourself updated.
Here are some of the most popular home renovation projects and design trends that both homeowners want and what buyers are looking for in a new home.
1. Bathroom improvements
Modernized bathrooms and their design trends have always been popular among homeowners and buyers, but due to the pandemic, they’re in demand even more. People want bathrooms that have a spa-like feel since they couldn’t go to their local spa for relaxation. Some of the features you’ll find in a newly renovated bathroom including a double vanity sink, soaking bathtubs, large linen closets, and rainfall showerheads.
2. Upgraded landscaping
As much as we’d like to think that as long as the interior of the home looks good then that’s all that matters. The truth is, landscaping is the first thing people see and you know what they say about first impressions! If you don’t want to hire a professional landscaper to give your yard a complete overhaul, you can do small projects like spreading out grass seed, planting vibrant flowers, trimming the hedges, and power washing the driveway, walkway, and the exterior of the home.
3. Modern kitchen upgrades
Like a modernized bathroom, homeowners and buyers love a good kitchen makeover. The kitchen tends to be the central gathering point of the house and so it must be functional as well as look good. The upgrades that will bring your kitchen to the 21st century include stainless steel appliances, granite countertops, customized cabinetry, and a large island.
4. Welcoming front porch
Like with the landscaping, the front porch leaves a lasting impression on guests and buyers alike. It doesn’t take a whole lot to create a welcoming front porch because it can be as simple as painting the door a bold color and updating the light fixtures and hardware. Of course, if you want to make a big statement, you could use wood, stone, or brick to create an entryway that pops.
5. Update or build a deck or patio
Once the weather gets nicer, people aren’t going to want to spend so much time indoors and so homeowners and buyers are interested in decks and patios. Homes with a deck or patio are excellent for entertaining guests because you can have a seating area, a grill, and a fire pit all in one space. If you want to up the wow factor, you can use potted plants or flower beds to add some color. You can hang string lights or lanterns to give the space some ambiance, and you could even turn your grilling area into an outdoor kitchen!
The pandemic has certainly turned our lives upside down but there is light at the end of the tunnel. One way people are regaining a sense of normalcy is by taking on a few renovation projects and turning their home into a space that is updated, functional, and a place they want to spend time in. After spending more than 14-months at home with nothing else to do, you can’t really blame them!
(Disclaimer: The article is sponsored and hence promotes some commercial links.)
Whether you are trying to wake up from your sleepy tendrils from the night before or relaxing after a long, tiring day -- a soothing shower in your most private space, aka bathroom, can do it all. In fact, for most of us, the bathroom is a space that provides us with a comfortable and secure sanctum, somewhere we rinse off our stress, elevate our mood with a peppy song or relax muscles with a soothing number, have imaginary arguments and make lots and lots of plans.
Having a bathroom with traditional charms, but new-age premium beauty is like a dream come true. So, how do you make that perfect, present-day and personalised bath space? Gaurav Malhotra, MD India and Regional Key, Accounts, Asia, Hansgrohe India, shares five ways through which you can modify or build your bathroom with the latest trends, comforting notions and emotional factors:
Follow NewsGram on Facebook to stay updated.
* Cross-generation bathroom designs: An average Indian family uses shared bathrooms, which means that a bathroom mandatory equipped with the right products for all ages. Right from children prone to make a water park out of a simple bath space to oldies who prefer to have a safe and secure space, an apt bathroom design would be more than just a modern piece of architecture. It should mandatory non-slippery surface, hand railing support and floor-level showers so that there is more elbow room and space to move around. In addition, the bathroom fittings should be safe to use for all ages. Most importantly, all the functions should be easy to understand and simple to operate so that everyone can effortlessly make the most of it.
* Future-proof fittings: While trends come and go, timeless designs and ultra-modern fittings transcend these trends and give you a look and feel that will remain fresh for years. For instance, innovative brands are now creating bathroom fittings with concealed manual and thermostatic solutions. This essentially makes the tap vanish inside the wall, giving you extra room. With such futuristic solutions, your renovation process will also be hassle-free and cost-effective, while your designs will remain in style for a long time!
* Addressing different moods with multiple shower patterns: A long and relaxing shower doesn't necessarily have to be a highly water-consuming activity. Simply go for a big shower head that delivers the same experience, but consumes less water. A multi-jet shower with different spray types can cater to your different showering needs and moods. For example, the whirl or mono spray mode for massage-like sensation can complete an intense workout session, wake-up mood can be coupled with powerful rain-shower, and evening showers can be associated with a home-spa experience where thousands of tiny droplets with ultra-delicate texture can thoroughly relax the body and mind. Apart from multiple shower modes and patterns, warm lighting effects can also contribute to a lovely ambience and elevate your mood. Glass materials, a daub of vibrant yet appeasing colours and contrast tiles can transform your bathroom into a clean, elegant and cosy retreat.
* Nature-inspired bathrooms: Natural surfaces and materials such as pebble floors, wooden washstands, natural stone tiles and wooden platforms give an aesthetically pleasing ambience to your bathroom. Currently, wood with concrete, stone, or marble finish is trending. Natural materials like wood and stones give an impression of peace and tranquillity. It can transform your routine bath into a spa-like experience.
ALSO READ Modish minimalist home decor ideas
* Go for minimalism, but don't forget to add your style statement: Accessories and minimalistic equipment that don't occupy the entire wall can offer visual spaciousness, especially in compact bathrooms. Adding lush green plants, will purify the air and cleanse your refreshment zone. Tiles in earthy shades are the original eye-catchers as they spread an artistic yet calming aura.
Style your bathroom in such a way that it resonates with your thoughts. After all, a bathroom is your sanctuary, so it needs to have that intimate and personalized connection where you can rinse your worries and freshen your state of mind. (IANS/AD).
Are you planning on installing a new frameless shower screen in your bathroom? The process may sound complicated to some, but it really isn’t. In fact, it can be a lot easier than you think. Once you understand the basics of how they work, you’ll know what to expect when the time comes to install one.
The first thing to know about the difference between frameless and semi-framed shower screens is how they look. A frameless shower screen is constructed out of thicker glass than standard types of shower screens and has no inner frame at all. Therefore, all you have are those clamps that hold the panels in place and the clear glass panels themselves. Framed versions typically do have some pieces for the frame, but most include simple clamps that hold the entire thing up.
However, there are also frameless shower screens that have glass panels with frames inside. These types usually have a piece for the bottom of the glass, a piece for the top of the glass, and then another piece to hold the actual shower curtain in place. These types of units are much less flimsy than their standard counterparts, but they aren’t as strong. If you want to be sure that your glass shower is going to stand up to the water pressure and all of the movements you’ll be doing in the shower, you’re better off with one of these semi-framed options.
Since the frameless shower screen isn’t actually framed, you won’t need any special equipment to hang it. Simply attach the clamps and you should be good to go. The only real accessory that you’ll need is a rubber band or two to keep the glass from falling when it’s halfway open. This is important because you don’t want the glass to get too cold, which could cause damage to your shower fixtures if it’s not held in place correctly.
Like with semi-framed units, the semi-framed option has its benefits as well. For one, it eliminates the need for adding trays, which can get quite messy. Instead, all you need are the clamps that hold the shower curtain up, so you can focus more on the quality of your movement. You can even use these units in tandem with shower curtains for a unique touch. Since there isn’t a frame to support the heavier curtain, it makes for a lighter alternative that can be used in combination with a larger shower curtain.
While these units can work perfectly fine for standard size showers, they can also be used with other bathroom designs for a nice effect. The reason why a frameless shower screen would look smaller than other designs is that it does not have a top, and the sides extend down over the entire unit. If you have a rectangular-shaped bathroom, then this might be the perfect unit for your bathroom design needs.
However, if you have a little bit of space in front of your tub but want the same style of enclosure that you’d get from a semi-framed unit, then the semi-framed option may be your best bet. It’s important to note, though, that there are different types of frames for your shower screens. The two most common are the toughened and the tempered glass. Tempered glass is designed to be stronger than regular glass, which is why it’s often used for things like car doors. Traditionally, the toughened variety was the one that was used in homes, but in recent years companies have begun producing a semi-tempered option that is just as strong but still durable enough for use in a shower screen.
Of course, no matter what type of frameless shower screen you choose, you will still be able to enjoy all of the benefits that these showers have to offer. They include a more open design, which allows you to wash hands and hair in privacy without the worry of someone else looking in on you. Also, many people enjoy these showers because they have a modern appearance and don’t take away from the overall appearance of a bathroom. They don’t have the sharp lines of some traditional showers, and they’re generally much easier to clean because they don’t have the corners that some traditional units do. Overall, these screens can be a great option for anyone who is looking for an easy, clean look for their bathroom showers.
(Disclaimer: The article is sponsored, and hence promotes some commercial links.)