Tuesday May 21, 2019
Home U.S.A. US Presidenti...

US Presidential Candidate Donald Trump alleges Emmy Awards are ‘Rigged,’ Organisation Fights back

“According to many, and while nominated, I would have won the Emmy many times except for my politics,” Trump tweeted in 2013

0
//
FILE - Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton and Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump debate during the third presidential debate at UNLV in Las Vegas, Oct. 19, 2016. VOA

October 20, 2016: With Republican presidential hopeful Donald Trump making allegations the 2016 election could be “rigged,” the Emmys, a television awards group, is fighting back against 2013 charges, again by Trump, the awards are rigged.

NewsGram brings to you top news around the world today.

“According to many, and while nominated, I would have won the Emmy many times except for my politics,” Trump tweeted in 2013.

In a 2014 tweet, the reality television star asked which was more dishonest, the Oscars or the Emmys.

The tweets were referenced by Democratic hopeful Hillary Clinton, during the final presidential debate Wednesday when Trump did not answer the question of whether he would accept the outcome of the election.

Check out NewsGram for latest international news updates.

After the debate, the Emmy’s Twitter feed tweeted,“rest assured, the #Emmys are not rigged,” and tweeted information about how the awards voting process works.  (VOA)

 

Next Story

US President Donald Trump Declares National Emergency Over Cyber Threats

The world's third largest smartphone maker, on the contrary, has repeatedly rubbished the allegations

0
tariffs, chinese imports
U.S. President Donald Trump delivers remarks on a range of subjects during an event in the Roosevelt Room at the White House in Washington, May 9, 2019. VOA

With a motive to protect US communications network from “foreign adversaries”, President Donald Trump declared a national emergency on Wednesday.

The executive order gives the federal government powers to restrict US companies from doing business transactions with certain foreign tech suppliers “posing an unacceptable risk to the national security”, said White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders in a statement.

According to the statement, Trump signed the executive order as “part of his commitment to protecting the information and communications technology and services” of the US.

“The President has made it clear that this Administration will do what it takes to keep America safe and prosperous, and to protect America from foreign adversaries who are actively and increasingly creating and exploiting vulnerabilities in information and communications technology infrastructure and services in the United States,” said the White House statement.

Donald Trump
US President Donald Trump earlier criticised social media platforms including Facebook and Twitter for anti-conservative bias. VOA

“This Executive Order declares a national emergency with respect to the threats against information and communications technology and services in the United States and delegates authority to the Secretary of Commerce to prohibit transactions posing an unacceptable risk to the national security,’ it added.

If reports are to be believed, Trump’s order is directed at Chinese telecom major Huawei. US believes that Huawei’s equipment could be used by China for surveillance.

Also Read- EC Orders Twitter to Remove Exit Poll-related Tweets

The world’s third largest smartphone maker, on the contrary, has repeatedly rubbished the allegations.

Last year, Trump signed a bill that barred the US government and its contractors from using components from Huawei and several other Chinese communications companies. (IANS)