September 30, 2016: Eight months after YouTube was re-opened in Pakistan, officials of the video streaming website launched a plan to monetize the medium along with an offline feature for Pakistanis.
YouTube made the two announcements at a press conference held at the DHA Golf Club, The Express Tribune reported.
Check out NewsGram for latest international news updates.
“By making these popular videos available for temporary offline viewing, fans can connect more easily with their favourite content, while also helping bring more viewers to their videos,” Tania Aidrus, head of business development in the Next Billion Users team at Google Asia Pacific, said.
In an exclusive interview with NewsGram, activist Mazdak Dilshad Baloch says his struggle for a Free Balochistan… https://t.co/2NIRJ1ykhH
NewsGram brings to you current foreign news from all over the world.
“We hope to keep finding better ways to make video content more affordable and accessible in Pakistan,” she added.
Once taken offline, the chosen video will be available for viewing for 48 hours without an internet connection. According to Aidrus, this will come in handy in areas with no Wi-Fi and no networks for data connection.
In addition to that, they also announced the launch of the YouTube Partner Program, which allows content creators in Pakistan to monetise their original works. The revenue generated will be split, with a majority share going to the creator. Moreover, YouTube provides video creators with resources and opportunity to improve their skills and build larger audiences.
NewsGram brings to you top news around the world today.
“Since we launched YouTube in Pakistan earlier this year, we have seen amazing things from Pakistanis posting their videos,” said Google Asia Pacific industry head Khurram Jamali.
“The breadth of their talent and creativity is already very impressive and we hope this programme will help bring even more talent onto this platform, to share with the whole world,” Jamali added.
With reportedly 29 percent of local population using the internet regularly, there is a huge market for YouTube to capitalise on. (IANS)
The Balochistan province of Pakistan is going through the worst Humanitarian crisis
The atrocities committed by the Pakistani forces as well insurgent groups have resulted in destruction of families of the Baloch community
It is important that the world community stands with Balochistan and investigate the human rights violations
Balochistan, August 18, 2017: The Balochistan province of Pakistan is in dire need of help from the international community. Ignored by its government at the center and oppressed by the military, the Baloch community is taking desperate measures to call for help from outside.
#BalochGenocide is an unfortunate reality to which the World must pay attention.
The United Nations has failed to break the ice. Human right violations have failed to bring the attention of global organizations.
Abductions and murders surround the lives of Balochistan people. The Chairman of Human Rights Commission in Balochistan, Taj Baloch, has blamed the Pakistan army behind the Balochistan Genocide.
In Berlin, exiled Baloch activists and leaders organized an event titled ‘China’s One Belt One Road Initiative – It’s Adverse Impact on Balochistan & the region’ in which speakers expressed their concerns over the economic reform.
Even the World Balochistan organization has made serious attempts in gathering support for Balochistan from foreign nations. Recently, Azghar Baloch, an activist for the organization, made an appeal from outside the White House called on the international community to stand for the human rights of Baloch people.
Nawab Akbar Bugti was a strong opposer to Pakistan atrocities in Balochistan. He was vocal about the need for Balochistan to separate itself from the inhumane behavior of Pakistan. Nawab Bugti was assassinated on 26 August 2006 by the Pakistani military. To commemorate the anniversary of the martyr, Baloch Republican Party has called for a Balochistan wide strike.
– Compiled by Saksham Narula of NewsGram. Twitter: @Saksham2394
NewsGram is a Chicago-based non-profit media organization. We depend upon support from our readers to maintain our objective reporting. Show your support by Donating to NewsGram. Donations to NewsGram are tax-exempt.