- Smriti Irani announced the establishment of yoga departments in six central universities
- A panel suggested that certificate courses be offered to Master’s and Bachelor’s in yogic sciences
- AICTE has held yoga workshops under the pretext of Yoga Day
Smt. Smriti Zubin Irani, Union Minister of Human Resource Development addressing a National Seminar on Yoga has announced that Yoga departments will be opened up in six universities in the academic calendar 2016-17, eventually expanding to 20 universities.
Follow NewsGram on Facebook: NewsGram
The universities that will currently feature a department for yoga are Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University, Uttarakhand (North), Visva Bharati, West Bengal (East), Central University of Rajasthan (West), Central University of Kerala (South), Indira Gandhi National Tribal University, Amarkantak, Madhya Pradesh,(Central) and Manipur University (North East), said the hinduismtoday.com report.
Follow NewsGram on Twitter: @newsgram1
The seminar was attended by vice chancellors of the universities concerned. Irani urged academicians to set scientific importance of yogic sciences. In IIT Kharagpur, this has been achieved through empirical evidences. Efforts by AICTE for conducting various workshops throughout the country were well appreciated.
A panel headed by Prof H.R. Nagendra has suggested that certificate courses to Bachelor’s and Master’s would be offered in yogic sciences, says pib.nic.in.
-The report is compiled by a staff-writer at NewsGram.
- Tirumalai Krishnamacharya: India’s First Guru was also a Scholar and Healer
- International Yogic Teacher Wai Lana releases “Alive Forever” Film and Music Video
- WHO acknowledges age old Yogic benefits
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 NewsGram