New Delhi, Jan 10, 2017: With a number of options available in leather jackets, it’s easy to get duped. Know the difference between fake and genuine leather by the texture and odour, says an expert.
Arshbir Singh Bhatia, Director at Voganow.com, an online platform for buying leather garments and accessories, has given tips and tricks to check the authenticity of the leather:
1. Easiest ways to check is by pressing the texture of the leather. If it is real, the texture would seem wrinkled and pulled. If it is fake, it would hardly make any difference to the texture when affected by the pressure.
NewsGram brings to you current foreign news from all over the world.
Also, genuine leather does not crack easily and is quite durable. It can last for more than 10 years. One can easily see a drastic change in jackets crafted in faux leather after using for just one season.
2. Try to check and feel the texture of the leather before making a purchase as little imperfections like creases or scratches are considered to be a good signal while testing the authenticity of genuine leather.
Genuine leather does not smell like plastic or give an odour of chemicals which is obvious with faux leather. A jacket crafted in genuine leather gives more of a natural and swanky touch.
3. On pulling leather, one can see very fine holes which are the hair follicles while on synthetic leather, they are artificially created and disappear on pulling.
NewsGram brings to you top news around the world today.
4. Feel the texture of leather. Genuine leather should feel soft and smooth like a skin while faux leather would give a hard and solid touch and feel.
5. Genuine leather can easily absorb water while goods made of faux leather cannot absorb it and the droplets of water would puddle on the surface of the material.
6. Similar to the wrinkle test, another way is by bending the leather as real leather has a unique elasticity while bending it might change the tone. Faux leather remains rigid and regular when bent. (IANS)
Do you think you have what it takes to become your own fashion icon? Sure, we may not have Meghane Markle’s budget but that should not stop us from spicing up our wardrobe, right? Creating your own style is easier than you may think. If you can’t afford to turn to the French fashion powerhouses, do not despair, Italy is just around the corner.
Remember, your style should be a reflection of your tastes, imagination, and confidence. It is not solely a matter of money or branded products. There are many ways to enhance your own personal style so let’s start with some essential Italian pieces like…
Cool Italian handbags have been in Vogue long before Chanel company came up with their first petite handbag. Those produced by vegetable tanning are top quality, there are plenty of designs on the market, and investing in one does not necessarily mean you need to spend a fortune.
Most Italian fashion chains or designers offer a range of bags, from small clutch bags to larger city style shopper totes and duffle bags. Italian handbags all have one thing in common – there is this air of timelessness about them so no wonder they are a fashion staple for women who know how to show some class.
Bling It Up
Ladies do like a bit of bling. But remember: moderation is key. Unless you are a hip-hop artist, no one digs big rocks. Italian jewelry is well known for its smooth and transitional designs. A piece bought ten years ago will look just as good today even though fashion, in general, has moved on. Top Italian companies, such as Murano Glass and Crystal, are happy to contribute to your bling box.
Go Footloose for Italian Shoes
If you have ever endured the foot ache from a pair of designer heels, you should do your best to invest in Italian heels next time you go hunting for shoes or boots. Top Italian footwear designers such as Bruno Magli really know that comfort comes first.
But that does not mean Italian heels will ever compromise your look. They look just as amazing as a pair of kitten heels, only you will also feel comfortable in them from dusk to dawn.
Suited and Booted
With so many ladies now in business, suits have never been more popular. It is easy to spot a classy Italian suit in the office. Designs are a little bit bolder and stand out from the crowd. For instance, a thrilly blouse is not what you wear with your Italian suit.
Instead, complete your outfit with a silky shirt and slip on a classic designer watch to complement the overall professional appearance. Remember, your Italian outfit can make a strong statement that you can own the business world while also creating a poise of elegance unlike no other.
Day dresses have long been part of Italian fashion. What many ladies love about Italian dresses is that they don’t scream designer wear. They are far more discreet and can easily take you from a business meeting to a romantic dinner date with your own Casanova. Borrow the jacket from your suit and slip it over your dress, and you will soon find you have a timeless classic look without silly branded buttons.
Even high street Italian fashion is timeless, and once you have discovered your inner sensual Signorita, you may find yourself walking down the road in an outfit which tells everyone around you that you have class. In other words, dressing the Italian way will do more than enhance your looks – it will boost your confidence at the same time. Isn’t that really what being your own fashion icon is all about?