August 31, 2016: It is known as a fact that nature provides plenty of natural resources for life to sustain and flourish. Some Herbs, shrubs and trees are natural reservoirs of minerals and medicines; the noteworthy and most common of them are Tulsi and Neem.
The Coconut, a pretty high hanging nut-like fruit that has been used as a vital hydrating agent since ages hasn’t got the spotlight it deserves. Often used in Indian movies, where the water inside a coconut is slurped by the two actors simultaneously, to display the mutual affection of the actors towards each other, the Coconut water, apparently, has more than what meets the eye!
So here’s a list of all the good stuff coconut water blesses you with-
- Known for its high mineral content, Coconut water moisturises the skin and helps in improving the skin tone. It helps a great deal in eliminating oil from the system. That is the reason shampoos, conditioners and moisturisers have traces of coconut extracts in them.
- The high concentration of fibre assists in the digestions process helps reduces the occurrence of acid reflux and helps reduce acidity . A healthy digestive system results in a healthy body and mind.
- Coconut water is a blessing for the urinary system in humans as it contains diuretic properties, and is said to prevent kidney stones.
- Pregnant women have a great deal to gain from coconut water as it improves the immune system and helps one to fight numerous diseases. It contains five crucial electrolytes which are- calcium, magnesium, potassium, phosphorous and sodium, which not only help in improving the stamina but provide the necessary energy to the body.
- Low in fat content as well as a well-balanced drink; coconut water is said to assist in weight reduction.
- Packed with fibre, vitamin, and protein, Coconut water improves blood circulation to various parts of the body.
- It is the drink of summer, as caffeinated drinks may cause more harm than good; coconut water is the life saver. It not only quenches your thirst but also provides vital nutrients to keep you going in the heat.
- Coconut water helps ease muscle cramps owing to its high potassium content.
- Thiamine, Pantothenic acid, and Riboflavin, found in coconut water, reduce anxiety and stress.
- Coconut water also helps a great deal in busting hangovers and will make you feel fresh
There is no hard and fast rule regarding the amount of coconut water that should be consumed. It can be enjoyed as a standalone beverage as well as a cocktail.
– by Usman Zafar of NewsGram. Twitter: @HalkiSiChuban
- Chai: Health Benefits that will make you fall in love with Indian Teas!
- Positive thinking can be the secret to Healthy Ageing
- ASHA: Delivering healthcare services to ethnic tribes in Arunachal Pradesh
Copyright 2016 NewsGram