General

Boko Haram Releases Video Showing Killing of Accused Spies

Author : NewsGram Desk

An organisation that monitors extremist groups says Boko Haram has released a video showing the killing of three accused spies by gunshot and beheading.

The SITE Intelligence Group said in a statement Thursday that a fighter in the video uploaded Monday calls those killed "agents" of Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari.

Check out NewsGram for latest international news updates.

SITE points out that while the video opens with images used by so-called "provinces" of the Islamic State group, it comes from Boko Haram's own production unit. SITE says this indicates the group has "some degree of autonomy." One faction of Boko Haram is allied with the Islamic State group.

Nigeria's president declared the Boko Haram insurgency "crushed" late last year, but its fighters continue to threaten the vast region around Lake Chad in defiance of a multinational force. (VOA)

Subscribe to our channels on YouTube and WhatsApp 

Over 6000 Afghan Refugees Forcibly Deported from Pakistan, Iran in Single Day

37 Maoists, Including 12 Women, Surrender in Chhattisgarh's Dantewada

World AIDS Day: HIV Infections Down 49%, Deaths Reduced by Over 81% in India

Bengal SIR: ECI Identifies 18.70 Lakh Dead Voters in Current List

India’s Exports to U.S. Slide 28.5% in Five Months as Tariffs Hit Labour-Intensive Sectors Hardest